Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11-16-08

What a terribly boring day, basically no live sports on at all, so jsut a few news items to share

MLB

Here we go, with all the Sabathia buzz flying around, apparently a new rumor has the Yankees offering San Diego Ian Kennedy and Phill Hughes for Jake Peavy. Oh boy, how great would a Sabathia, Peavy, Wang rotation look, now THAT's pitching the Yanks haven't seen since their last championship in 2000. Only problem is, will Peavy go to New York? I don't see this happeneing, but it's fun to dream.

Also, no word of a Sabathia signing yet. The waiting game continues.

And one last side note, the Cubs will visit the Yankees April 3-4 to open the new (or should I say current??) Yankee Stadium.

NFL

Nothing much to talk about, except for the bidding on Texas Stadium memorabilia on bidspotter.com. The bids will be open until December 6th and I may look into bidding on some of the cheapee bathroom signs or used ketchup bottles. Stay tuned.

MSU Sports
Football will play in the ECAC South Central Bowl against Albright Saturday 1 PM at home, I will be there for all the action.

Soccer will be travleing to Chritopher Newport for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight rounds this weekend, why they aren't at MSU I don't know.

Fantasy Football

I officially lost, I am now 4-7, my first ever losing season, and almost virtually out of the playoff race. Ho hum.

Fantasy Tennis

Another one and out doubles appearence in fantasy tennis, and the Chinese curshed us 8-6 to advance to the secodn qualifiying round. Tomorrow I will play singles, against a guy from Singapore. Hopefully I will win.

That is all for today. Tomorrow night the Raptors are in Orlando, so check in for that one. Until then, so long.

No comments: