Hello everyone, and welcome to my first blog post on this new sports blog. Basically, this blog is a general update on the sports for the day, I will post daily late at night on the day’s sports, I hope everyone enjoys.
NASCAR
The season concluded today at Homestead-Miami with Carl Edwards taking home the victory. However, it didn’t matter, as he came up short for the championship as Jimmie Johnson won the Sprint Cup, his third consecutive championship. I give my congrats to J.J. for the win, as he becomes the second driver to ever win 3 Cups in a row, he truly deserves it.
In other news, Jamie McMurray gets his third straight 3rd place finish. McMurray’s sudden last season surge actually got me to watch the last two races after being disgusted with his early season performance. Lt’s hope McMurray can stay with Roush-Fenway racing for 2009, because he is quite a talent and certainly can be a Chase contender.
That’s the last on NASCAR you’ll hear of a while, I’ll keep up on an Jamie McMurray offseason updates, but besides that, we will return to action in February at Daytona.
Montclair Sports
The Men’s Soccer is on to the Sweet 16 after a 1-0 win over Westminster College today. It was an exciting match with drama to the end. What disappointed me, however, was the lack of home fans at the game. Westminster at least matched us with the amount of fans they had. Attendance was just 454, way down from the NJAC Championship figure of 1,057. I mean, seriously, this is a team on a historical run, and no one cares. It makes me sick.
Also playing today were both men’s and women’s basketball. The women won their first game, taking down Immaculata 59-46. The men fell to 0-2, losing to New York City Tech 54-46.
NFL
Welcome back Tony Romo!!! Dallas recovered came out of their bye week with a 14-10 win over Washington in D.C. This was a huge momentum lifter for my ‘Boys and a reminder that Dallas, at 6-4, is very much in this playoff hunt still. I was impressed by the team in the 4th quarter and hope they carry their momentum into next week, at home against the 49ers.
By the way, in other NFL news, the Philadelphia Eagles and Cincinnati Bengals played to a tie game today in the worst pro football game in the 21st century. Just look at the amount of punts, turnovers and penalties and you’ll see what I mean. Disgusting how bad both teams really are. Pitiful.
NBA
Unfortunately, due to the MSU men’s soccer game, the Toronto Raptors got gypped from my TV schedule again. Fortunately, they defeated the Miami Heat 107-96, lifting their record to 5-4. Typical victory for us, Chris Bosh put up 27 points, Andrea Bargnani looked to disappoint again, and apparently Jose Calderon is hurt, so Wil Soloman started. Nothing groundbreaking here.
NHL
Apparently, the Flyer played the Thrashers tonight at home and I didn’t know until an hour ago, weird. I any case, the Flyers schooled the pitiful Atlanta Thrashers again, 4-3. My main man, Antero Niittymaki, played well, with 28 saves and his second win of the year. Simon Gagne continued his hot streak, and Joffrey Lupul won the game with 7 minutes left. Winning back to back nights is oh so sweet.
MLB
Well, it appears that the New York Yankees officially sent an offer to C.C. Sabathia and he will likely sign. Let’s just hope and prey he is the answer to the Yankee pitching dilemma, because we are DESPERATLY in need of a starter to at the very least complement Chien Ming Wang in the rotation, if not become the ace entirely.
Speaking of starting pitching, the Yankees sold Darrell Rasner’s contract to somewhere in Japan. Good riddance that atrocity is gone.
Fantasy Football
Sadly, it appears my season is over. I have lost an unprecedented 6th game to a North Division team as I lost to Chris Stout this week. My team is now 4-7 and tied for the worst record, with my first ever fantasy losing season guaranteed at this point. Oh well, there is always next year.
The final results will be in tomorrow, I finish up my schedule playing Jordan Palladino and Vince Zaccone the final two weeks. Time to play spoiler I guess.
Fantasy Baseball
Sometime this week postseason cuts will be made, I am already set and will release them when the day comes.
Fantasy Tennis
Despite the regular season ending, I continue to battle for ranking position to get a head start for the 2009 season. I am playing in an ITF tournament in Odense, Denmark. Singles play will start on Tuesday, but tomorrow I will play with my doubles partner, Ryan, in doubles qualifying against a pair of Chinese players whose names I do not know. Let’s hope for a victory.
Tomorrow’s Schedule
Nothing…..seriously……nothing at all, all my tams are off….no MSU sports…nothing.
Tomorrow’s blog will be shorter, I guarantee.
Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment