Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 in Review (Part 4 of 6) Worsts of 2008

3 blogs coming tonight: parts 4 and 5 of my 2008 in review PLUS my NFL playoff predictions. But first, here comes my worsts of 2008, which is a favorite blog of mine, as I get to rant and rabe about the very worst of the worst of this past year. So here we go.

Worst Song
Fly on the Wall- Miley Cyrus

My hatred for music this year took a trend towards Disney-backed singers. In all fairness, See You Again by Miley was tolerable, I didn't mind it. Then it all spiraled downhill for Cyrus, finally toppeling over with Fly on the Wall. Terrible lyrics, terrible basis for a song, terribly sung, and terrible music video.

Worst Artist
The Jonas Brothers

I had them penciled in for this category right after watching them at halftime of the Cowboys thanksgiving game. Then, on New Year's Eve, they performed again and somehow sounded WORSE. I know, it's mean to the thousands of kids who watch Disney that love this band, but please, they suck.

Worst Movie
AVP: Requiem

I went through this the other day, so I won't spend a ton of time explaining this. But when you don't know what is going on in the movie because of the lighting and when the acting is as bad as AVP: R was, then you have a definite winner for worst 2008 film.

Worst Actor/Actress
Keanu Reeves (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

This is ashame, because Keanu Reeves is a favorite actor of mine, but he was very unconvincing as Klaatu in this remake. There wasn't a clear cut really bad actor, so unfortunatly I went with the most disappointing and it was Keanu.

Worst TV Show
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles (FOX)

When this movie was first promoted early last year, it looked like it would be interesting. So I tried to watch it, and I failed to become stimulated. This movie seemed to stray too far from the films, the acting was poor, and plus, what till happen when the new Terminator movie comes out?

Worst Sports TV Show
Madden Nation (ESPN/ESPN2)

It's an interesting premise, throw a bunch of guys on a bus and have them play through a Madden Torunament, with the final on the big screen at Times Square. Then you put it into practice and realize how ridiculous the concept is. I mean, watch people play video games, it's not exactly my idea of entertainment.

Worst Sports Team
Detroit Lions (NFL)

History was made in 2008 as the Lions EVERY regular season game, going 0-16. Imagine, going to practice for 5-6 months, working hard every week, and then NEVER winning a game. I'm sorry, but what a waste of time, it's pathetic!!! The good news for Detroit, is that it can't be any worse.

Worst Sports Championship
MLB Phillies defeat Rays

No crack on the Phillies and the city of Philadelphia, but sitting in the New York market and watching the Series made me see the complete indifference the rest of the country had. Not to mention dull moments in the Series and lots of rain and clod led to yet another boring Fall Classic.

That is it for the worsts, I will put in my favorite team's 2008 in review later.

No comments: