Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 NFL Prediction

Yeah, I know, it's late, the Atlanta-Arizona game is nearly over, with the Cardinals up 13 with 12:30 to go. But in any case, I'm going to give my picks.

It's been a strange NFL season, I would have never guessed Atlanta, Miami, and Baltimore would get into the playoffs. In any case, I'm disappointed that Dallas choked down the stretch (again), but that's a post for another day. Right now, I'm going to make my predictions for the 2008 playoffs.

Wild Card Weekend Picks
Atlanta over Arizona
Indianapolis over San Diego
Miami over Baltimore
Minnesota over Philadelphia

I know, Atlanta is not looking good, and I was hopign for them to go deep, but seriously, Arizona has played so bad, who wuld have known they would play so well? Indy is the hottest team heading into the playoffs in my opinion and with Tomlinson hobbeled, I don't see the Chargers winning here. Initially, I was going with Baltimore over Miami, but I have confidence in Chad Pennington to pick apart that tough Baltimore D and pull out a tough one. And sorry Eagles fans, but I obviously have a thign against Philly right now after last week. I can't pick them.

Divisional Round Picks
NY Giants over Atlanta
Carolina over Minnesota
Indianapolis over Tennessee
Pittsburgh over Miami

I was going to go with Atlanta here, but with it looking more like the Giants will be playing Arizona or Philly, now I changed my mind. The Panthers are a favorite of mine this season and they should roll over the Vikings and into another NFC Championship. The Colts are playing much better than earlier this season when the Titans beat them (week 17 doesn't count), I smell a big upset in Nashville. And sorry to Miami, but their miracle season ends against the Steel Curtain.

Conference Championship Picks
Carolina over NY Giants
Pittsburgh over Indianapolis

The Panthers, in my mind, beat the Giants week 16. True, the Giants won the game, but thought they were outplayed by Carolina. This time the Panthers finish business. It was tough for me to pick against the red hot Colts, but the Steelers have such poise and have mpressed me all season long, I can't pick against them.

Super Bowl XLIII
Pittsburgh over Carolina

Two teams that are very similar in make up face off in Tampa. I see a more experienced Steeler team taking it to the Panthers here and winning yet another Super Bowl, their second in 4 years.


That s it, my picks for this year's playoffs, let's see how well I do.

I decided to jsut do the 2008 in review for my sports teams to finish up my 2008 in review rather than 2 more parts, that will liekly be done tonight.

No comments: